Author Topic: questions  (Read 2168 times)

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
questions
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:07 AM »
i see guides and such but most are a year old and seems like everything has changed so I will ask them here when I think of them  8)
i am a soldier of the wasteland

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: questions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:05 AM »
thumping...

seems like the resources just randomly change under you feet?  miz and i were looking for a spot and were trying to get better numbers when all of a sudden everything changed and turned to shit.  we didnt put a thumper down but where once there was tungston all of a sudden it was all gone in the area.

Miszou

• SotW Member
  • Level 16
  • Eccentric English Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 02:21:19 AM »
And why can I get 500 iron ore from a personal thumper, yet when I use a squad thumper I get less? Ok, there's more drops from the extra mobs, but it still seems a little ... backwards.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 02:32:39 AM »
And why can I get 500 iron ore from a personal thumper, yet when I use a squad thumper I get less? Ok, there's more drops from the extra mobs, but it still seems a little ... backwards.

oh yeah and how does it determine my share of the thumper goodies?  i thought if i killed more mobs i might get more but last one miz and I did we got exact same amount and i obviously am way more leet than he is  :P

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:52 AM »
thumping...

seems like the resources just randomly change under you feet?  miz and i were looking for a spot and were trying to get better numbers when all of a sudden everything changed and turned to shit.  we didnt put a thumper down but where once there was tungston all of a sudden it was all gone in the area.

I'm not sure how it is these days but the way it used to work was you or other people would "deplete" that vain of resources after an amount of thumping. After that vain was depleted another with different resources would spawn. They probably kept that system in place because I can't think of a reason for them not too and I don't recall them saying anything about it being changed.

Without knowing exactly what happened with both I can't explain. Were you in a squad for one and not the other? Were you at a different spot? Were they on the exact same spot? Did you thump some depleting the vain before you did the squad? Did someone else deplete it some?  How much time passed between when you did them? Maybe AgentSmith has a better idea of that stuff.

oh yeah and how does it determine my share of the thumper goodies?  i thought if i killed more mobs i might get more but last one miz and I did we got exact same amount and i obviously am way more leet than he is  :P

Its split perfectly between the party. Split might be the wrong word because I'm not sure they split it or what they have changed a lot. Well whatever every person in the party that helps protect the thumper gets the same amount. If your in the party and kill only enough for it to count you as there you get the same as the person that killed over half the things.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:51:53 AM by Zoogy »
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:57:32 AM »
well in my first question i am not talking about a depletion issue since neither we nor anyone else was thumping that area.

here is a more precise example:

test1 = 75% iron, 10% tungsten
test2 close by = same

2 mins go by...both those spots now have no tungsten and iron is down to 10%, like the resources under us respawned or something.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:56:15 AM »
They might have a bug where a new vain spawns before the old one is depleted. I know they had a bug like a long time ago.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
i see others my lvl with multi turrets...how do i get those on my engineer?

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:28 AM »
Multi turret is a skill that the Bastion (one of the advanced engi frames) uses. You probably don't have the Bastion unlocked but if you do just change to that frame and level that instead of the normal engi. If you don't have the Bastion you can still have more than one turret by using a +1 deployable module and putting it into your heavy turret.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
any idea what color that mod is?

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
nevermind i see its red cool

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »
so does it make sense to craft items in order to salvage them if you need research points?

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »
so does it make sense to craft items in order to salvage them if you need research points?

No not really. I mean if you really really really need RP for something you want and can't wait for I guess you could as long as you don't craft things that use rare or hard to farm resources (if you want a list of things you could use to craft or a list of things you shouldn't I'll make one but i'm lazy so I wont make it unless you are going to do this). You do get RP for crafting and salvaging so its kind of double dipping so it really isn't the worst idea out there. If you can wait to get what you want you should level up to 30+ because even white 30+ gear give a lot of RP when you salvage them and you will get a lot useless/unwanted/unneeded items. Also remember to keep salvaging items in your salvage section of your inv those stack up real fast and can give a good amount of RP.

Edit: Oh and start using your anti-hoarding skills and start salvaging gear you probably won't use.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:42:16 AM by Zoogy »

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!