Author Topic: New season so we have over a month of new races. Maybe we can do some party ones  (Read 3705 times)

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
So last season I asked about party races like the last week of the season so there wasn't much notice and not many options. This time I am asking at the very start. Anyone want to do some party races? As always I have no life so almost any time would be fine to me. The big issue seems to be finding a time where more than just me and one other person can get together that also has a race.
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Heres my tentative schedule for party races this weekend. There are quite a few solo events between them as well.

I usually log on 30 minutes prior to race and just chill before start. Send me an invite and Ill do the same if I see any other SotW guildies on.

3 Hour Party (S04C002)  Fri 8/30 11pm EDT (this one is a maybe, kinda late, not sure if im gonna finish)

2 Hour Rogue Party (S04F005)  Sat 8/31  1pm EDT

2Hr Fixed Famine Party (S04C010)  Sun  9/1 5pm EDT

1 Hr Immolation Party (S04F011)  Sun 9/1 8pm EDT

2Hr Immol Famine Party (S04F017)  Mon 9/2 5pm EDT

IGN should be SotW_Synn_Racer for all.

* Skype could be really helpful here. I know me, Scorp, Indy and Smitty are on it too. Its free, pretty easy to install and use and works well.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:02:14 PM by Synner »
Quote from: scorpitrpn
To that I would refer you to...and I quote, "hackers schmackers".

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
* Skype could be really helpful here. I know me, Scorp, Indy and Smitty are on it too. Its free, pretty easy to install and use and works well.
I do too. And I have a working headset to use now too.

For the races all of them but the famine ones sound good to me. Too hard keeping flasks up and definitely don't want to try it in a party.

Edit: Of course you can still play the famine races with other people but I was just saying I wont be there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:20:33 AM by Zoogy »

Miszou

• SotW Member
  • Level 16
  • Eccentric English Gentleman
    • View Profile
I'd be up for a few of these. I'll have to check the calendar and I'm not going to promise I'll attend any, but like Synner said, just log on early and see who's around. I have Skype too.

I'm not sure why famine sounds bad though... according to this wiki thing, all it does is prevent flasks, life, mana, and energy shield from refilling when entering a town instance. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't port back to town to refill anyway. (Truth be told, I didn't know that was even a thing you could do)

imho, it would be much worse if your flasks didn't refill as you kill monsters so you had to rely on regen or perhaps a tweak to the rules to allow you to find full flasks that don't recharge....

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
3hr party- Friday Aug. 30th, 10pm CST (S04C002)

2hr Immol/famine party- Monday Sept. 2nd, 4pm CST (S04F017)

1hr party- Friday Sept. 6th, 7am CST (S04F035)

3hr party- Sunday Sept. 15th, 10pm CST (S04C061)

That's about all I am fairly certain I can be in for through Sept. 15th as far as party runs go.
I'll do the immol/famine run but if I die too much too early I'll likely throw in the towel.

Pretty slim pickings for party runs during the times I'm available, unfortunately.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why famine sounds bad though... according to this wiki thing, all it does is prevent flasks, life, mana, and energy shield from refilling when entering a town instance. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't port back to town to refill anyway. (Truth be told, I didn't know that was even a thing you could do)

I did a solo famine once. For me at least it was really really hard because at really low levels (like 1-7) I tend to over use mana. Also even if a solo famine wouldn't be hard for you remember in a party only the person that makes the kill gets the flask refill so if you have one person getting most of the last hits than the other people in the party its easy for the other people to have low flasks all the time. Low flasks at a bad time can get someone killed.

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Bump-bity-bump!

Still gonna try and be on for the 3 hour race, hope to see some of you there. :)

Zoogy, did you get skype set up? If so whats the Ill add ya if you leave the name.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Zoogy, did you get skype set up? If so whats the Ill add ya if you leave the name.

Yeah I think its set up. Its installed at least but I have no idea if I need to config the thing at all. Name is zoogy2006.

Edit: Started it up and looks like it auto detected my new headset so it should work.

Edit2: Used the Echo/sound test service and seems like everything is working.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:38:58 AM by Zoogy »

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
Anyone want to try the 3hr party?  :=(

Maybe my fucking internet connection will stay up  >:(

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Yeah I plan on trying the 3 hour one thats happening later tonight.

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
I died, was good fun :)

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
I died, was good fun :)
I died too. I miss my 3 points.

Tradgedy12

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Remember the dead - but fight for the living.
    • View Profile
The only survivor :o
/* Do... or do not. There is no try-catch. */

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
gj tradg!

My ass got greedy, wtf was that mob we ran into?

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
The only survivor :o

I'm mad (not really. maybe a bit jealous and hating myself for dying). You should have died like the rest of us. What level did you get to? Also what level did AgentSmith die at?

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!