Author Topic: Beta Crystite and You  (Read 2962 times)

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Beta Crystite and You
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »
http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/beta-crystite-and-you

For those of you that haven't been watching as much and didn't know: they changed the resources so all the resources you had before 0.6 couldn't be used. What you could do with the old resources was changed it into "beta crystite". Until now we didn't have much info on what we would be able to do with this beta crystite other than there would be a shop or shops that would let us buy stuff with it. In the link there they talk about what they plan for us to be able to buy with the beta crystite. Some of it looks really cool. I have probably looking forward most to the exclusive warpaints and LGV.

For those that can't go to the site or don't want to:
Greetings, testers!

By now, you've all heard the mantra, probably multiple times: “Firefall is a true Beta,” “we make Firefall better by listening to the fanbase.” This new methodology for making a game is only possible because of you all – the testing you do and the feedback you provide is invaluable to the process. We simply couldn't improve the game in the way that we want without all of you in our fantastic community.

Throughout any iterative process, there are going to be times that old systems are tossed out to be replaced by the shiny and the new, but one thing we at Red 5 never want to do is to diminish the value of your time and energy, because we know it's being spent to make the game better (and hopefully have some fun along the way). When it's possible, we'll do a direct translation from the old system to a new system (like keeping your XP from the old progression system to the new), but sometimes (like with the recent change to resources) that type of translation simply isn't possible. When that's the case, we want to do something that shows that we really do value your time.

Thus... Beta Crystite.

So let’s answer a few of the more common questions you guys have asked about Beta Crystite.

What can I buy with Beta Crystite?

Glad you asked. Beta Crystite is going to be used to unlock a number of exclusive rewards. Things like:

1 hour +50% resource collection boosts
Exclusive warpaints
PERMANENT 5% resource collection boost
PERMANENT 10% resource collection boost (significantly more expensive and does not stack)
T.E.X. Pet
The “Angel Wing” glider pad, with new glider wing visuals.
An exclusive LGV (yes, that's right!)
More stuff (we have other ideas that we want to add, but we'd rather over than under deliver)

The Beta Crystite LGV is just the first LGV that we want to deliver as a reward for player effort – the plans to build a craftable LGV continue, but we also thought it'd been too long that players had to buy a commander pack to have their own LGV. This LGV will have an exclusive warpaint that won't be seen again.

To hold you over, here are some screenshots to give you a taste of these rewards: [screenshot of the T.E.X. pet, "Angel Wing" glider visuals, and the Cobra Cycle (LGV) without paint]

How do I get the rewards/Beta Crystite?

There will be a vendor that sells the Beta Crystite items (we'll announce who and where when we release the patch notes). We're hoping to get this vendor into the game ASAP, so it may not have all of the rewards when it first gets added to the Beta. We'd rather get the rewards rolling out than wait for the complete list to be ready to go.

Collecting Beta Crystite is a matter of processing your old resources at the manufacturing station. However, we also realize that someone might end up short for one the item they really want, so we'll also be adding a recipe that allows you convert current crystite into Beta Crystite.

Is there a time limit?

The vendor will sell the items until the beginning of Open Beta, so you'll have until then to buy any or all of these items.

I hope this blog answers the more pressing questions that you guys have had. Of course if there’s something that we missed, you can always drop by our forums and ask us – we check them almost daily, and answer what we can. Thanks for reading, and see you in-game!
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

AgentSmith5150

• Section Moderator
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Crystite and You
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
You bastard, I was gonna post this  :P

Cool info though!

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »
I always think about you when typing Firefall stuff up here. Because you and me are the two people from SotW that pay the most attention directly to R5 and Firefall (some of the other guys pay attention but get most if not all of their info from us) we are the the only people that post new info here so I always wonder if you happen to be typing up the same thread at the same time as me. That would be a bit funny if we posted about the same thing at nearly the same time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:40:28 PM by Zoogy »

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »
thanks guys, i do get all my firefall info here so please keep it up  (Y)
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Thumper

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 05:26:08 AM »
I defer posting FF information here to you and Smitty cuz I don't want Smitty to slap me upside the head and have you nutpunch me  ;D

There's also a couple of good articles from that same blog about crafting for thems that cares...

Smitty, figured out my Army problem, if you see me on again shoot me a SOTW invite, it should work.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »
There is news on what exactly is going to be in there and how much it is gong to cost along with the ratio of turning Crystite into Beta Crystite.

Link: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/beta-crystite-and-you.93212/page-35#post-1893463

For those that don't want to go there or can't:
Quote from: Syrstorm
Greetings ARES agents!

The technology teams here at Accord headquarters have received a number of requests regarding the uses of the newly discovered Beta Crystite, so we have assembled a list of items that our engineers will be able to build for your teams. There is a technician in Copa Cabana named “Ratchet” that has volunteered to help your teams convert the Beta Crystite into more useful items – please see her in her new location near The Accord HQ.

COST ITEM
5k +50% resource boost, 60 minutes
10k Beta Crystite Pack*
15k +5% Permanent Resource Boost
20k T.E.X. Leash
75k Cobra LGV
300k Angel Wings Glider Pad
500k +10% Permanent Resource Boost

For anyone that can't quite afford an item that they want, you will be able to convert Crystite to Beta Crystite at the manufacturing station at a 2:1 ratio (2 Crystite becomes 1 Beta). Keep in mind that old resources can still be refined into Beta Crystite directly, as well.

At this moment, we've had a technical limitation that prevents us from providing warpaints and other aesthetics for Beta Crystite. We'd still like to add a couple of aesthetic items, but at this point we can't promise they'll be soon – if they do become available they will likely be in the 10k to 50k range.

The newest item on this list is also hopefully one of the more interesting ones. The “Beta Crystite Pack” is a package of random items that you can buy with your Beta Crystite. Every BCP will contain 3 items: 1 boost, 1 pack of consumables, and 1 “Rare” item (with a chance of a super rare). The boosts are short term increases to XP and resources, the consumables come from the many consumables that can be built in the manufacturing stations, but I'm sure many of you will be most interested in the Rares – for those of you without a lot of Beta Crystite, this will give you a taste of the bigger Beta Crystite items (TEX, Cobra, and Angel Wings) with a small chance of getting the real thing!

Side Note – in order to have the Permanent Resource Boosts disappear from the vendor after you buy them (so that you don't accidentally waste extra Beta Crystite by buying one multiple times) we had to make these items as consumables that stay in your inventory. Once you buy the permanent boost, go to your consumables menu and activate the boost. Don't worry that the item doesn't consume itself - if you see the lightshow around your character, then the boost got applied!

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!