Author Topic: Diablo 3 Coming to the PS3 & PS4  (Read 3451 times)

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3 Coming to the PS3 & PS4
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:09:27 AM »
obviously

but makes sense since its casual friendly, will make a great console game.  TL1 was a huge hit and ported over nicely.

genious move, they can sell it full price again  :D
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »
The amount of angry backlash is amusing - saying the reason the game is simple is because it was designed to be ported across from the beginning (which I'm sure it was). But design choices for the PC hardly effect the PS3/4 and things would need to be changed anyway to suit the new controls so I don't buy the argument.

I'm with you Scorp, I think it's plenty casual friendly and the gameplay will port over nicely.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
how was sacred 2 on console does anyone here know?

i know commercially is didnt do much but i always wondered how the experience was on console.  diablo and TL1/2 much more streamlined.

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »
I don't know why people rage over games being ported to consoles or pc. It's a good game either way (you know that if it had any name besides D3 everybody would love it) and won't be bad on consoles.

Well I know that Diablo 1 was ported over to the playstation 1 console. I have no idea how well it did as I had Diablo 1 on my pc so no reason to buy it for the playstation. I didn't even know that tl1/2 were ported to consoles.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
tl1 was on xbla, tl2 will be eventually i am sure.

yeah im with you guys, as long as its good i dont care where a game was ported to or from.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
Lol not surprised by this news at all. But yeah raging over it being ported is dumb. There are only two times that I can think of off the top of my head to rage over something being ported.

1: The port is half assed and so bad it might as well not have been ported. We see this a lot on PC because of shitty ports from consoles by lazy developers or publishers not willing to put the money into a good port.

2:There is information (By information I mean documents or a dev saying it not random people on the internet guessing)  saying that they changed the gameplay in a way that made the game worse just to allow them to port it later.
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:45 PM »
I have Sacred 2 for the ps3 and I have to say it aint bad. When playing MP it's sometimes laggy, but less than playing on the European servers. It felt pretty good on the controller also, not too weird.

I don't mind the port either. Meh, eventually, they'll make games for all 3 or 4 consoles (wii u, ps4, xbox 720?, pc).

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 12:15:04 AM »
You know what they call it xbox 720? You turn 720 degrees then walk away :P

McAlison

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
  • I ain't yo bitch nigga, get your own damn fries!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:33 AM »
I had D1 for the PS1, it was neither better nor worse than the original, it was the same game and the controls were fine.

47:13 [All] FrostForged: OH SHIT HES PRO

At the corner of "get a map" and "fuck off"

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 05:32:14 AM »
I had D1 for the PS1, it was neither better nor worse than the original, it was the same game and the controls were fine.

This is how i assume TL1 was and how D3 will perform on consoles as well.  I really don't see why anyone would be up in arms over this.

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
The biggest change will be no mouse, which in the click fest that is diablo, will be interesting to see how they go about losing it.

I assume the analog sticks will move you and change your direction and then you just hit one of the buttons for a particular skill and it activates in the direction that you're facing.

Picking up loot might be a pain though, and if there is any sort of trade functionality I imagine that being a bit of a nightmare too.

Pennywise1

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:37 PM »
Picking up loot might be a pain though, and if there is any sort of trade functionality I imagine that being a bit of a nightmare too.

I like to think that they will have some setting like in Hellgate where you can auto pick up gold just for items... Wishful dreaming I know but still... Also I wonder if you can use your playstation wallet for the real auction house... Could make a bit of money to buy games that way.
Pop? What pop?
You said you worked magic on me to do away with all the popping.
There should'nt be any popping.
There's protective magic! You said so! Make it protect!

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
Just noticed you didn't have SotW tag under your name - you should have access to private board now, not sure how you got missed!

And auto-item pickup could be cool, but it would need to allow you to sort by quality and the very least (eg white, blue, yellow, gold). But even then, your inventory is still going to fill up quick. And then mousing over each item to identify and read the stats... hmm. All possible with the analog stick, I'm just thinking back to how slow they always seem to move in game and how annoying that could be.

I would like to play a demo of it when it's out just to see how they overcome this stuff.

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:13 PM »
Yeah, anything blue or above should be on auto loot above character level 5 anyway. Picking up white items to sell makes you gain less money.

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!