Author Topic: Sandisk ReadyCache  (Read 5425 times)

Miszou

• SotW Member
  • Level 16
  • Eccentric English Gentleman
    • View Profile
Sandisk ReadyCache
« on: January 24, 2013, 04:09:00 AM »
Sandisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD

Me and a buddy at work just bought one of these each and we are both blown away by how freaking awesome this thing is.

It's not a full SSD, it's only a cache that works in tandem with your existing HDD, but given the price and what it can do for you, it's an absolute must-have. Imagine a 1TB hard drive working at the speed of a 6GB/s SSD for only $50.... yeah, it's that good.

It only works in Windows 7 (Windows 8 can go blow a goat) and you need to restart your computer a few times after its installed, just to prep the cache with all your startup junk, but after that it's just blazing fast.

We haven't quite figured out the caching algorithm it uses just yet (like, when it chooses to throw stuff away or what to keep cached), but after playing Tera last night, goobering about on the internet and just generally using my PC normally, I've only used 12.8GB of the cache - and everything is just way faster than it was before.

If you can't afford a full SSD but you want to squeeze every drop of performance from your current rig, then you absolutely cannot go wrong with the Sandisk ReadyCache.

(Y)

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Re: Sandisk ReadyCache
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:23 AM »
Sounds like ....Witchcraft!!!  Burn the heretic!!  >:D

Right on time Miz, ive been avoiding building a new comp and trying to squeeze everthing I can from the current build. I will look into it, fo sho.  (Y)
Quote from: scorpitrpn
To that I would refer you to...and I quote, "hackers schmackers".

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
Re: Sandisk ReadyCache
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!! :-*

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!