Author Topic: Blizz says D3 item hunt doesn't cut it  (Read 2024 times)

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
Blizz says D3 item hunt doesn't cut it
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6019511928

Basically Bashiok is saying Blizzard now realizes that there is nothing to keep players interested in Diablo 3 because their item hunting system sucks. Apparently, Blizzard thought this system would keep people entertained. Oh, how wrong they were.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: Blizz says D3 item hunt doesn't cut it
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
sure doesn't cut it for me, my only reason to keep playing just to get a lvl 60 hc toon, but not sure why i even care about that?

nothing i am wearing i have found myself, i like AH's but this is just out of control!
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
yeah...I like the game but as I told my buds here at home...I don't see this game going as far into time as D2. I'll play it and get my money's worth but I doubt that 3 years from now I'll be playing more than once or twice a month if that much.

Le sigh

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »
Seeing stuff like this makes me think that I should continue to wait...  :-/

I will be interested to see how they attempt to alleviate the "problems" via upcoming patches. Unfortunately, Bashiok himself sounds pessimistic about the future. Odd?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:02:50 PM by TheGreatCthulhu »

jzn

• SotW Member
  • Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
I was impressed he came out like that about the item hunt.  I would love to see affixes get much more interesting, thats the only thing really missing imo.  Give us some slim chances for an extra nuke or speed boost or turning into a goatman or something fun.

There's an upcoming patch that will enhance legendary items, but I doubt even that will do enough.  However, I think theres a pretty good chance that the game expansions will explode the item hunt a lot.  I remember how the addition of d2 runes was huge for the game longevity.  Shayagor, dont forget that 3 years from now there will be a lot more to it.

Im sort of in a waiting period for the new gear patch and hopefully maybe fix my intermittent crash

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!