Author Topic: Teh 1.03 Patch - IAS NErf! Demon Hunters nerfed! Oh mai!  (Read 3244 times)

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile
Teh 1.03 Patch - IAS NErf! Demon Hunters nerfed! Oh mai!
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:58 AM »
The Patch Notes in Case You Hadn't Read Them

Yeah, I don't have the game. But I'm still following the chatter.

I found the griping about this patch to be somewhat interesting, in particular these sore spots:

- Supposedly Siege Breaker on Inferno is now going to become a "reflect damage back at him" fest for Demon Hunters

- With the increased attack speed and other affix nerfs, a lot of characters will now supposedly have to spend a ton of time re-gearing.

- Likewise, certain pieces of equipment that fetched high prices on the D3 market are now much less valuable, hence greatly reducing the resale value of said items.

- Inferno was made a little easier. That's a surprise.

- Some people are pretty mad about pots/vases/clutter drops being nerfed. Others claim that the reason for this was because of bots.

Alas... anyone in SOTW have any opinions about this big patch?

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: Teh 1.03 Patch - IAS NErf! Demon Hunters nerfed! Oh mai!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:50 AM »
-seems like the biggest uproar is the repair costs to lvl 60's who die all the time
-even HC players saying their repair bills are crazy high now and nearly unsustainable...eek!

check this test: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5884288652
avg of $500 in repair cost every time he is hit.

-ok one thing i see that irritates me a lot is the mf nerf to chests and destructables...now those things will only drop gold?  why explore at all or break anything now?

-stock up on indestructible gear

i will worry about if i can stop dying and get high enough to where it matters  :P

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:00:13 AM by scorpitron killa »
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Tim the Guitarist

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »
I couldn't give a fuck less about repair costs at higher levels. They have to have a money sink somewhere to stabilize how much gold the average user is making, because they stupidly decided you can sell gold for real money.

The IAS nerfs, etc I don't really care about because one thing I learned with Blizz is they like to nerf the crap out of something and then 2 patches later reinstate it only more powerful than it was before the nerf.

The drops from destructibles? Yeah I can see where botters might have been going nuts, but blizz needs to patrol the botters, not make loot drops suck MORE when you have roughly the same shot of getting a good item as you do of getting laid in Leisure Suit Larry 1 prior to the last scene.  However, I am not alarmed, because I foresee destructibles getting loot drops again around the time they implement the loot system change. Bothering? Yes, but I don't really care enough about the drops to mean the difference.

What it will mean is substantially less gold earned for me, as I sell my blues and no longer decon them.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
idk from the sound of it though repair costs are just crazy now.  especially considering that you lose durability just using your weapon so even if you dont get hit you are still paying.

i understand the need for sinks...but this seems like the most crude, unimaginative one possible.  guess i will only know if i can get to 60 lol.
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
I couldn't really say. I mean I have not gotten that high. I don't think it's that crazy though...I mean...people will QQ and  stuff will go back.

They should have the friggin test realm up!

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

Tradgedy12

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Remember the dead - but fight for the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
Huh. Yeah, I wouldn't know, I'm protected by the benevolent cruel hand of permadeath, so I don't need to worry about what happens when you hit level 60  ;D
/* Do... or do not. There is no try-catch. */

jzn

• SotW Member
  • Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:49:28 PM »
annoyed.

ias, don't really care but still seems stupid that they didn't realize if it was so grossly overpowered.  god forbid an found affix ever warrants more than a 'meh'.

Ridiculous to suddenly decide SC players should try to avoid death.  Unless its just a hail mary pass to alleviate the gold inflation caused by exploiters, in which case they should call it like it is.  It's irritating that HC players have to pay the price for this softcore bullshit.   Good news is, they will surely nerf wear and tear damage, after gold prices settle.

so friggin mad about destructables.  They didnt just nerf magic find on them, now they will not drop items ever and only occasionally gold.    Again, maybe this will be revisited when SC gold settles.  And no MF on chests? hideous.

these changes are all about punishing the whole community for a few exploiters.  Not that I have a better way to deal with the problems, but these changes are so annoying.  

Bliz should have said "We are implementing an emergency patch to try to make everybody much, much poorer!", rather than couching it as bug fixes and improvements.  The whole patch should be framed with an apology.

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
I'm sure Blizzard will realize it was a big mistake in a few weeks when people no longer log into the game. Blizz forums are ablaze with posts about how bad this patch is. Give it a few weeks or months and Blizz will increase everything to more than what it was before this patch.

But yeah, monks, wizards, and demon hunters got butt raped really hard. Those 3 classes at level 60 did around 140k dps, depending on gear, and after the patch their dps dropped to 60k-60k dps. Bye bye inferno!

Tradgedy12

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Remember the dead - but fight for the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
The whole patch should be framed with an apology.
That. Would it kill them to be even remotely apologetic, or for their decision-making process to be a little more transparent?
/* Do... or do not. There is no try-catch. */

MerchantKill

• SotW Member
  • Level 18
  • Stayin too poor to afford gym membership.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Fascinating. The more i hear about this game the more i wanna play it.

What's it called again? :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:07:16 PM by MerchantKill »

Cant win. Dont even bother playing. - indczn

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!