Author Topic: Starting Inferno in HC  (Read 5181 times)

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
Starting Inferno in HC
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »
And getting pwned lawl.

Just beat Hell Diablo tonight and have made a start in Inferno. Trash zombies hit me so damn hard, so I don't think I'll be heading much deeper into it until I update a whole heap of gear. Probably end up farming Hell for a bit unless an easy run in Act 1 (like Rumford at the gate quest) ends up being more profitable.

I think my stats are looking pretty good, but obviously not good enough for inferno.

This is the build I'm currently using (it's pretty cookie cutter I think) - Konan the Barbarian. It's super tanky and defensive, but I find it pumps out enough dps to kill stuff quickly.

My normal attack is frenzy, it's quick attack speed is great and really helps with getting the most out of my life steal. Sidearm rune lets me turn it into an attack that hurts others rather than just the single I'm attacking so seems like a good idea to me.

Right click is charge with dreadnought rune. This is more of a utility skill, and I'll only really use it if I'm getting in a tight spot and need to break out of a surround or something like that. The rune lets me heal for each enemy I hit on the way through the charge, so is handy in those rough situations.

Leap is also handy to get out of sticky situations, but also for the increased armor rune. When I leap my armor sky rockets and I get 89% damage reduction for 4 seconds. The cooldown on leap is 10, so if you use it as often as possible, it helps you negate a lot of damage.

Revenge does the most dps out of all the attacks and is also such a good heal. It procs 30% of the time I'm hit so it's getting used all the time to kill and fix me up.

Warcry is pretty awesome, buffs my armor and resistances a ton.

Wrath of the Beserker is my 'oh crap I gotta kill this thing right now' skill. It has a 2 min cooldown so I save it for when I need it but it's really handy when you need to focus down champion packs with scary affixes. It also breaks Frozen and Jailer effects, so can get you out of tight spots when used defensively as well.

My passives are all defensive, 2 increase armors and 1 decrease non-phys damage. Pretty self explanatory, helps me not get hurt as much.

And this is what my stats look like now/when I killed Diablo.

45k life, 9k armor, 7.4kdps and 285 life per hit

I also took a screenshot after using leap, and my armor there jumps up to 26k :D

So yeah, so far loving this barb it seems like he has an answer to any situation. Just need to be careful now not to lose him in Inferno right off the bat. To try and stop that I know 4 uniques I want to buy that help with increased block and damage reduction (namely string of ears belt, justice lantern ring, helm of command and stormshield) - but they don't appear on the AH too often in HC and they're really expensive (many millions of gold :() so those will have to wait for a while.

All I really need now is some company... ;)

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Inferno in HC
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 04:46:02 AM »
Wow, very awesome!

I'm working my way up with my wizard, hopefully she'll make it. Just gotta plan it out good cuz I have no idea on her skills.

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:25:24 AM »
The best Barbarian build is using Axe Throw. It does the most DPS and has the highest survival rate. Relying on revenge is also not a good thing. In inferno mode it doesn't proc as often as you need it to.

jzn

• SotW Member
  • Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:45:58 AM »
Crat, you are the MAN!

MerchantKill

• SotW Member
  • Level 18
  • Stayin too poor to afford gym membership.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:03:26 AM »
grats, M!

Cant win. Dont even bother playing. - indczn

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »
rolled a barb, i dont hate it yet but i am expecting to soon, i may just be a ranged player at heart but if i can throw an axe that sounds like something id want to try out.
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
I see you on most mornings ( 8-9 ) edt when I'm playing my scrubs. Very impressed,  working on a Barb now, I 'll try your build.
Quote from: scorpitrpn
To that I would refer you to...and I quote, "hackers schmackers".

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
Of course... some other guy beats SOTW to the punch for beating D3 on HC:

McAlison

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
  • I ain't yo bitch nigga, get your own damn fries!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »
Yeah, but SotW doesn't live in their moms basements like these kids.

Rat, I'm getting close, hit 50 tonight. Right behind you!

47:13 [All] FrostForged: OH SHIT HES PRO

At the corner of "get a map" and "fuck off"

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
Cthulhu, I was watching Kripp and Krippi do inferno diablo. They did well to get through act 4 so fast - they wanted to go through it slowly, over 2-3 days but then blizz announced the 1.03 patch which was going to make inferno slightly easier so they wanted to get in and finish it first while it was at its hardest. They made it with about an hour to spare before the servers shut down for the patch, so was pretty well done on their behalf.

And McA, nice work on 50. Let me know when you get to Hell difficulty and I can help you out - I was farming it before this patch, I just face roll it now with my gear :)

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
Cthulhu, I was watching Kripp and Krippi do inferno diablo. They did well to get through act 4 so fast - they wanted to go through it slowly, over 2-3 days but then blizz announced the 1.03 patch which was going to make inferno slightly easier so they wanted to get in and finish it first while it was at its hardest. They made it with about an hour to spare before the servers shut down for the patch, so was pretty well done on their behalf.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from the video introduction. It's pretty cool that they managed to do it in the nick-of-time.

I'm sure the nerfdom going on with the patches sort of "compensates" for Inferno being made "slightly easier". Especially since one won't have the machine gun speed attacks that pre-1.03 allotted.

McAlison

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »
I should be done with Nightmare shortly, Rat. I also just got my 4th part to the Secret Cow Level.

edit - finished nightmare. Facing Diablo was a lot of "LOLOhShitrun" from Diablo, wait for my summons to be up, spawn them and have them tank for me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:32:32 AM by McAlison »

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
I should be done with Nightmare shortly, Rat. I also just got my 4th part to the Secret Cow Level.

There is no cow level. Even the Cow King will tell you the same.

McAlison

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »
True. There's just a random secret quest where you meet the ghost of the Cow King and go to a level not normally available in the storyline.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsyshire

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »
Calagram was slain by a ..... cuddle bear?

I guess the unicorns and bears were a big difficulty jump.

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!