Author Topic: New class Shadow incoming  (Read 3002 times)

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
New class Shadow incoming
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
New patch notes at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30667
Looks like a lot of cool new stuff coming up mainly dealing with the new class Shadow that is the dex/int class. Lots of new skill gems. New types of skills totems, traps, and remote mines.
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
Re: New class Shadow incoming
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
From the PoE Twitter feed:

An example of using traps and mines in 0.9.9 (featuring the Shadow):

http://i.imgur.com/AxG9z.jpg

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:30:44 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/AxG9z.jpg

That is so fucking cool. But now I have to ask this: Is it "easy" (I don't mean like easy easy I mean easy as in not way to hard that there is no point of ever doing it) enough to do on the fly so there is a point in doing that or do you have to plain ahead of time to much that people will rarely do stuff like that

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 02:21:06 AM »
RE: the traps...

yes zoogy i can confirm they are really easy to use, you can throw them too which makes them more like bombs if you throw into a mob.

there is a cooldown but its interesting.  your skill icon will show "3" since you can have 3 traps out at once (this prolly scales up as it lvls?)  so if you throw 2 your skill icon will now show a "1" indicating you can throw 1 more. 
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:58:48 AM »
RE: the traps...

yes zoogy i can confirm they are really easy to use, you can throw them too which makes them more like bombs if you throw into a mob.

there is a cooldown but its interesting.  your skill icon will show "3" since you can have 3 traps out at once (this prolly scales up as it lvls?)  so if you throw 2 your skill icon will now show a "1" indicating you can throw 1 more. 
I wasn't asking if they were easy to use I was asking if it was easy enough to make setups like that or would it be better to use them in other ways (like just spaming them)

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:07:15 AM »
hard to say, it depends on how they scale to be able to say how tactical you need to get with them.

right now at lvl 10, i do lay down fire traps in choke-points i now mobs will have to go through...but i also just lob them at mobs liek they were grenades too.

one other cool note, i was parting with miz and he got a totem that caused aggro, so was really cool for him to set one up and then i laid traps on it  >:D

but you cant "spam them" as far as i can see currently.  right now i can only have 3 on the ground at any one time and they do have that cool down timer.

i think i will test bear trap next (snare) i think i have one as a quest reward.

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 06:30:37 AM »
but you cant "spam them" as far as i can see currently.  right now i can only have 3 on the ground at any one time and they do have that cool down timer.
What I meant by spam them was basically just throwing them into mobs and never using them very tactically like in that screen shot.

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
you will do both

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!