Author Topic: Derp. Just died for the first time ever...  (Read 1827 times)

Miszou

• SotW Member
  • Level 16
  • Eccentric English Gentleman
    • View Profile
Derp. Just died for the first time ever...
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:44:46 AM »
It seems that "enemies lose life over time", is no joke.  :=(

Stupid "Plague Vomit" in the pointless place north of the Mud Flats, just ripped all my health away in seconds. It didn't matter how many pots I spammed, or how far away I ran, my health just kept on going down.

At level 42, I had 999 hp and about 40hp sec regen and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. I just ran and ran and watched my health drain away to nothing, while mashing potions. Until i died, miles away from any monsters, alone with not a hostile creature to be seen.

Which, to be honest, seems just a little bit shit. I mean, it's not like I had an aura on me, or was being surrounded, or I did something reckless (other than be on the same screen as the stupid boss monster).

Seems that once you pick up that DoT, you're done - Game Over Man.

ah well, at least I can now say I spent about 3 seconds in Default League, before exiting so no-one saw me rubbing shoulders with the noobs.  :D

Anyway, in case anyone cares, my build was a duellist, dual wielding swords and using Lightning Strike (with +projectiles, +fire dmg, +phys dmg) as a primary attack, with Viper Strike (with +duration) for landing some epic DoTs on bosses with hit and run tactics. I also had Hatred Aura and would occasionally use Molten Shell for killing trash when I couldn't be bothered to click on each stupid monkey individually

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
Re: Derp. Just died for the first time ever...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:18 AM »
It seems that "enemies lose life over time", is no joke.  :=(

Stupid "Plague Vomit" in the pointless place north of the Mud Flats, just ripped all my health away in seconds. It didn't matter how many pots I spammed, or how far away I ran, my health just kept on going down.

At level 42, I had 999 hp and about 40hp sec regen and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. I just ran and ran and watched my health drain away to nothing, while mashing potions. Until i died, miles away from any monsters, alone with not a hostile creature to be seen.
You should probably tell them about that.
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:35 AM »
yes sounds like a bug although id be curious to see what other mods the boss had?

depending on how long you actually ran for (i know in the moment if felt like forever lol) but its possible that you lagged out and while you saw yourself running away maybe you never really did on server-side?  if the lag lasts for more than 8 seconds you d/c completely.

a shit death for sure but no the worst i have seen, that would be me at lvl 58 seemingly all lone in an instance, disconnect...log back in and im in default.
i am a soldier of the wasteland

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
That sounds almost worse than my level ~175 Inquisitor getting killed by his own equipment in Sacred 2.

And definitely worse than dying to Capitan Fairgraves(SP?).

Hmm.... I haven't played PoE in a while. Maybe I'll do that since SWTOR is down for maintenance...

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!