Author Topic: build thread  (Read 6212 times)

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
build thread
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
post/discuss builds here...the planner is public so no NDA breach here :)

here is my lightning arrow rangerbuild now and at lvl 60:

main thing to start is head south to the 35% pierce node  (Y)

light arrow ranger lvl 42

light arrow ranger lvl 60

depending on how my dmg scales in chaos, i may drop some dmg nodes and go with more hp.  rigth now its very powerful more dps would not help much i 1-2 shot everything as it is.  i play with frenzy and am lvlign a gem just in case but i doubt i use it
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:28:12 AM by scorpitron killa »
i am a soldier of the wasteland

Miszou

• SotW Member
  • Level 16
  • Eccentric English Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: build thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »
Super-Gimped Templar

Note the 9 points I spent just to get to Blood Magic, which is not exactly a "bonus" skill  :=( Everything else is just grabbing as many +life nodes as I can, and using whatever other useful passives happen to be nearby which seems to be mostly minions/elemental damage at the moment.

Blood Magic is an "interesting" skill, one that is probably better used on a melee character that can leech life, rather than a pure caster. I can easily burn through 1/3 to 1/2 of my life pool in every encounter (with my shield intact) and some skills which reserve a percentage of mana are completely out of the question. Losing 40% of my life just to boost life regen for example, doesn't really seem like a useful trade-off...

Anyway, the whole point of this ridiculous crap-monger fail-squish glass noob, is to get as high as I can on the Hardcore board and then troll the shiat out of the scrubs in default, whining about DPS and gimps and respecs and all the other nonsense that the kids cry about these days.

As of this writing I am level 37 and ranked 93 in the ladder, which is bollocks because two days ago I was ranked 50. Stupid kids, no-lifing the game and ruining it for my epeen.

;D

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:15 AM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:19:42 AM by Synner »
Quote from: scorpitrpn
To that I would refer you to...and I quote, "hackers schmackers".

Zoogy

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
Anyone got a good build for a witch? Also I was just thinking aren't witches kind of bad later in the game when the mobs have high resistance to elements or are totally immune to them?
Can we get this guy a "thread necromancer" member status or something?

Jetcutter

• SotW Member
  • Level 13
    • View Profile
AgentSmith5150:" They can take my freedom, but they'll never take my BACON!!!!"

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »
not necessarily, i love shield charge + there are new shiled skills/auras such as tempest shiled (does lightning dmg upon a successful block).

molten shell is really cool too for a tankish build.

mace/board for a spell caster...sword/board for more physical dmg.

a lot has changed i think melee has lots more options now.

my witch uses a mace/shield atm lvl 38ish

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
* AgentSmith5150 digs up thread

ok, here is what looks like a pure mage templar type of build and it looks kind of sweet to me. I don't recall where I got the link from. My question, what weapons would I be yielding for this build? Wands I guess?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUACHrCnA0xJ5wOJuRFD46CnRYJv9IWXlhpF-EUDxfvGN4Yum2EJO3gqCYCROMsE_JWMBrrWTDaOXA20hzqOtyqFT2MMPU9t5s3PoiM5T-eX01DGIu3RCAJoE0zvqtO1--RViUX_1dgxb1ZfOmhXNnfFF1VsuZn6TLUfIbKGX6aZNN_qsgeg4Yb2oZziw-NF2Jjk4cffqm_B2K0Cg9bvIG45r0pmYC9-6lxyrm9kctBHRHRe_jo2ZuoEtszIrjgIiIf5WPQVPNf7Vb3ZjtJ-JMbnPnheK_-i-Ku_yilDv8_eiM=

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »
trying this build out, not sure what lvl i need to complete it too lazy to count:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEC_gW1BfkHYw5IEHsRLxFQEZYWvxdUIoEkPCepKwowfDnUO-FCw0lRTZJRR1crWm1d8mHibRlv8nBScNV31H8rf8aGzocZh9uMNo2_jjyZmpsmnyegn6JAoqOjiqcrpzSnXKfUqn-quKvSr-uxMLQ4tMW297vWvjrAUcEAwfPEos3q1orbGtwV3vbfhOL344TlGeaB53To1usU62Pz6vT49Uv5Vvv1_sg=

will be using the uni gloves that give me +50% evasion and turns 25% phys dmg into cold.  then i use hatred for more cold.

Synner

• SotW Member
  • Level 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:12 AM »
Mace and shield Templar build. Nothing fancy, concentrating on life, mace and elem damage, armor and energy shield...and more life.  (Y)

Lightning strike, Tempest shield, Wrath aura and Shield charge.

Only lvl 29, heres where im at so far. 800 hp, 44%dam red and about 105 dps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0aOCNNMolANkRyRtdN2FfiXcZgbXflfVOBb4TEi4yMdpBVnjyiAKeEtPm2ht3z4XPsOO0g8B8=

Will update as I go, if I live. Next 15-20 lvls here, going towards Resolute Technique.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0Z6RoyGjgjTTKJQDZDY0RyRtdN2E99UWBX4lj1WfNdxmBtZp5wfXFNcql35XzZfVOAVoFvhMSLjIx2kFWaz53EnjyiAKeEqZWsqrT5toa3McAa3fPeweFz5K3sOO0g8B8=
Quote from: scorpitrpn
To that I would refer you to...and I quote, "hackers schmackers".

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!