Author Topic: Who's playing Diablo III???  (Read 24036 times)

Admiral

• SotW Member
  • Level 9
    • View Profile
Who's playing Diablo III???
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:02:52 AM »
I'm really excited about Diablo III and I can't wait till the game comes out. I know a few people here are having mixed feelings about the whole click click click scenario but come on!! its Diablo III!! We're talking about high action quality RPG that will last us a good 10 years!! (Look at Diablo II)
Diablo III is still in the making and it has been a good 4 years or so!! so I'm expecting the best blizzard title in years!! I can't wait to start collecting items!! having group pow wow!! raiding dungeons!! slaughtering the dead!! PVP!! and so on!!

My question for you is who's with me on playing this game?? And what class will you start out with?

CymTyr

Re: Who's playing Diablo III???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »
I will definately get it, unless they want to charge for single player.  They've already said they're turning b.net into a monetary system, so we'll have to see what their plans are for it.

Not sure on which class I'll go with to start.

Defiant

• SotW Member
  • Level 15
  • Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.sacred2.net
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
Not sure if I'll be getting this one or not. I never played the other Diablo games and haven't followed this one to closely. We shall see I suppose.

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »
I might. I could care less about Diablo now and I doubt this game will last as long as D2 did. D2 wasn't even good compared to the first Diablo. From this I am willing to bet that D3 won't be good compared to D2.

So far I am right and the storyline on the website proves it.

Defiant

• SotW Member
  • Level 15
  • Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi
    • View Profile
    • www.sacred2.net
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
It always amazes me that people pay attention to story lines. I can read the first 3 and then I get bored and just hit the accept button. Probably why I keep failing quests on S2 for no reason, I'm picking the wrong choice.

Mcrat

• Administrator
  • Level 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »
I'm definitely getting it. It's D3 :D

AgentSmith5150

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Drugs r bad, mmkayy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »
Nope

Tradgedy12

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Remember the dead - but fight for the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »
Admiral, my biggest reservation about D3 is this: the team that had the largest part in the development of Diablo II (my favorite game of all time) left Blizzard and became FSS... so, new dev team, they could have no idea how to make a game like Diablo II.

That said, I'm still very excited about D3, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will buy it and play through. I'm not so certain that I will get into the online aspect, though... especially if it requires a sub fee.
/* Do... or do not. There is no try-catch. */

roger.

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »
It always amazes me that people pay attention to story lines. I can read the first 3 and then I get bored and just hit the accept button. Probably why I keep failing quests on S2 for no reason, I'm picking the wrong choice.

I don't care too much about story either; I ignore it in most games. Even in the NWN games I tried my best to ignore it. But the first 2 Diablo games had a new and interesting (more D1 for interesting) story, that had not been seen before. Everybody and their mother's monkey uses meteors as harbingers of evil ffs. I could have thought up a more interesting story, with a meteor, in a coma.

The Diablo storylines are important to me because of the great memories they bring back. It was my first gaming experience, aside from games like Mixed Up Mother Goose. Also, story seemed very important in the first game. Not so much in the second one though as most of the quests were meh. You would have had to play the games to know what I'm talking about, though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:25:26 AM by roger. »

Shayagor

• Level 18
  • I'm sexy and I know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
I am getting D3 for sure.

Kill a man, you're a murderer; Kill many, you're a conqueror; Kill 'em all, you're a God.

Life is not what you perceive, you perceive what life is. -Tim

SHEEPGODODOOM

• SotW Member
  • Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
I will get d3. I will love D3. I will make love to d3

I dont understand how you people can ignore a story haha. And IMO I loved how it was presented in D2.

I will be playing the wizard, gotta love the manipulation of time and space haha

~*OBEY*~
Address: 1313 Pasture O' DOOM
Date Of Birth: Ancient, ageless and enduring.
Prior work experience: I have never lowered myself to work with the un-wooly masses, this has changed. Fear me!

scorpitron killa

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
i will buy it and probably like it...but i have learned my lesson about putting it on a pedestal so high the expectations cannot possibly be met.  call me guardedly optimistic.  Sacred 2 will get me through this period of post HGL depression.
i am a soldier of the wasteland

TheGreatCthulhu

• SotW Member
  • Level 17
  • Lord of R'lyeh, Great Priest of the Deep Ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
The only thing that would make me not play it is if they decide to be lunatics and leave out a "lawful good protagonist/paladin" style class.

MerchantKill

• SotW Member
  • Level 18
  • Stayin too poor to afford gym membership.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
I will TOTALLY be joining the D3 crowd. If for no other reason than I sincerely miss the HG:L in-game community (present company most especially  :-* - awwwww, unabashed suck-up) - and I suspect most will be back for the D3, whenever that is. Frankly, doesn't even matter if the game sux (which I'm sure it WON'T - the ex-Troika/VTMB lead designer is the senior level artist for D3 @ Blizzard, that alone gets me and mine's dollars when released).

Shamelessly-Off-Topic Troika-reference ftw. oohrah!  8)

Cant win. Dont even bother playing. - indczn

techunit111

• SotW Member
  • Level 15
  • *witty comment here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »
yeh totaly cant wait for this game :) tho im haveing second thought i havent played sacred much so ....i dont really know what im gonna do :o

Shout box

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!